1. R & D (Research and Development): The pharmacy industry is one such industry that thrives on research and development for the research of new drugs, process development, formulation, development, clinical trials and Toxicological Studies.
2. Analysis and Testing: Analysis and testing go hand in hand with this industry specially in order to maintain a proper Quality control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA). For the same highly skilled staff is required by companies to handle sensitive analytical dealings and sophisticated equipment.
3. Production and Manufacturing: The options of working in production and manufacturing are huge. Pharmaceutical and medical devices manufacturing units employ B.Pharm Freshers and experienced persons to look after the daily operations and quality of formulations.
4. Marketing:. B.Pharmacy freshers are employed in marketing of pharmaceutical products and medical devices as Medical Representatives (MR) . Career growth in marketing depends on the networking ability, knowledge and communication skills.
5. Hospitals & Health care : The pharmacists in the hospitals have a great demand for prescribing a drug Therefore, Pharmacy graduates have important role and can earn attractive remuneration and can occupy strategic positions.
6. Regulatory Bodies & Govt sector : There are bodies that control and regulate medicines.
FDA is the regulatory body that deals with governing and implementing the rules and
regulations for the Drug and Pharmaceutical industry. The pharmacist can apply for the posts
like Drug Inspector, Asst. Drug Controller, Deputy Drug Controller, Drug Controller of state
and finally D.C.I.
(Drug Controller of India)
7. Medical underwriter : After B.pharm you can start as medical underwriter with small company and after getting necessary experience can shift to company paying good salaries.